Morrison’s Huon Pine Sawmill
Established in the early 1940s Morrison’s Huon Pine Sawmill is a family business run by Brendon and Kellie. Brendon is 4th generation of the Morrison family to operate the mill.
The sawmill opens daily, with demonstrations at 2.45 pm. See a break-down-saw, which is a reciprocal
saw. It is basically a larger horizontal version of the pit saw used in the convict era and is used to make rough cuts. It cuts 6 inches a minute. Come experience the heritage of the sawmill industry.
The shop sells beautifully crafted and polished bread boards, cheese boards, chopping boards, coasters, coffee slabs and sawn rainforest timbers. Choose from blackwood, sassafras, celery top pine, myrtle and huon pine.
- A ‘must-do’ in Strahan
- A working huon pine sawmill on the waterfront
- See the break-down-saw, reminiscent of the convict era
- Demonstrations at 2.45pm daily
- Take home your own collection of Huon Pine pieces from the beautifully crafted selections in the shop
- A FANTASTIC TOURIST ATTRACTION NOT TO BE MISSED
- FREE ENTRY!